While Donor-Advised Funds (what we call “Giving Funds”) are the fastest growing charitable planning tool available, there are other types of funds that may be more suitable to a donor’s needs. And unlike a Giving Fund, the other funds can receive Qualified Charitable Distributions from IRAs.
- Giving Funds allow the donor to request grants from resources the donor has contributed.
- Scholarship Funds support the education of students meeting defined criteria.
- Designated Funds support a designated charity.
- Field of Interest Funds support particular causes, such as education, animal welfare or addiction.
- Unrestricted Funds support general community needs.
All funds other than Giving Funds can be created as an endowment, providing a gift that lasts forever.
Find the right solution for your client when you contact Barbara Garner, Donor Services Manager at Barbara@cobbfoundation.org or 770-859-2359.